Selma City Schools announce AIM District Awards
Published 10:16 am Thursday, June 2, 2022
Selma City Schools announced this year’s Aim for Excellence District Award winners.
Here are each winner in each category:
School Support Staff of the Year:
• Rena Kimbrough (Edgewood CNP)
District Support Staff of the Year:
• Martina West –PC Tech Coordinator (First)
• Dr. Alisa Smiley-Behavior Interventionist (Second)
Parent/Guardian of the Year: • Michael Goings-RB Hudson STEAM Academy
Rookie Teacher of the Year:• Shawntia Menifee-Payne Elementary (First)
• McKenzie Horton- Edgewood Elementary (Second)
Superintendent’s Excellence Award: • Zachary Brown- Sophia P. Kingston Elementary Custodian
• Shawn Cole- Selma High School Library Media Aide
Community Partner of the Year: • Girl Level Up- Payne Elementary (First)
• Selma Rotary Club-Saints Virtual Academy (Second)
Innovative Technology Award-
• Monica Russell- RB Hudson STEAM Academy (First
• Rita Tarver- Meadowview Elementary (Second)
The Power of Social Media Award-
• RB Hudson STEAM Academy (First).
• Payne Elementary (Second).