Third suspect arrested in drive-by shooting

Published 9:33 pm Saturday, April 23, 2016

A third suspect in last weekend’s drive by shooting was arrested with help from the community.

Selma resident Corey Pullom, 27, was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of attempted murder.

Earlier in the week, 20-year-old Xavier Waller and 27-year-old Ken Prevo were also arrested in connection with the shooting, which left two men in critical condition.

Waller and Prevo were each charged with two counts of attempted murder.

“These are the three primary people we were looking at,” said Selma Police Department Lt. Sam Miller.

Miller said leads and tips from the community helped the investigation move along.

“With the public’s help we are able to solve these crimes and put people in jail,” Miller said. “We’ve got to have the public’s help.”

The three suspects were each given a $500,000 bond during a hearing on Thursday, according to District Attorney Michael Jackson, and will return to court on June 7 for a preliminary hearing.