Fire destroys house in Selmont
No one was injuring when trailer off of Old Montgomery Highway burned to the ground Thursday.
The Selma Police Department, Selma Fire Department and Craig Field Volunteer Fire Department responded to the incident. The fire occurred shortly after 2 p.m.
Craig Field firefighter Peter Kine said no one lived in the trailer.
Selma firefighter Dale Duke said no one was inside of the trailer when his department responded to the incident.
Duke said Thursday afternoon he wasn’t initially sure why the fire might have started and a full report would likely reveal the cause. Two downed power lines were directly behind the building and Alabama Power was called to the scene to check if the lines were live.
Up to 25,000 gallons of water was used in the incident, Duke said.
It wasn’t the first time fire fighters responded to an incident at the house. Kine said the Craig Fire Department responded to an incident at the same location about one year ago, when a family lived in the trailer.
Kine said fire fighters saved the house during the earlier incident, which was caused by an object being left on the stove.
Leaks in the roof at the old National Guard Armory on Dallas Avenue has forced the relocation of a polling... read more