September sales will help Little Lambs

Published 10:16 pm Wednesday, August 17, 2011

For Little Lambs, the spirit of giving is not just restricted to one season.

In the month of September, The Little Lambs Consignment Sale will offer young mothers and their children affordable fall and winter clothing.

The sale will take place Sept. 9 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sat., Sept. 10 from 8 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. inside the Old National Guard Armory on Dallas Avenue.

Email newsletter signup

“We will take fall and winter clothes,” said sale helper Eleanor Nichols. “It’s a good time to get real pretty smock dresses and Halloween costumes … we’ll also take lady shoes and luggage.”

The Little Lamb Sale works by having sellers register their goods to be sold. Each seller will then be given a number that goes on every price tag of each item to be sold. If a customer buys an item from a seller, 75 percent will then go to a seller after sales.

After a seller receives 75 percent, the remaining 25 percent is divvied up and later given to local charities. For more than 13 years, the organization has donated more than $60,000 to local charities.

The program’s spring sale in March, Nichols said, was a success.t

“We did great,” Nichols said. “We had quite a bit of money.”

Nichols said there is a $5 seller fee and sellers will have a chance to shop Thursday evening during a preview sale. Interested sellers must call Misty Wilkinson at 877-1993 to register for an assigned seller number. The last day to register is Fri., Sept. 2.

This year’s sponsors include American Apparel, Blue Ox Equipment & Supply, The McHugh Wildlife, Sears, DS Wilson Enterprises Inc. and The Selma Times-Journal.

All sales are final and the program accepts cash only. For more information call 877-1993.
Print Friendly and PDF