Voting brisk

Published 11:30 am Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A check of polls in Selma show about 5,300 voters have cast their ballots so far today. Poll watchers tell us this is a trend showing a higher voter turnout than expected.

The National Weather Service in Birmingham still calls for 70 percent chance of rain the remainder of the day with a 30 percent chance tonight. However, the regional radar shows rain is moving to the northeast of Selma and Dallas County.

More updates as we have them.

Email newsletter signup