Business total loss after fire

Published 12:00 am Friday, March 7, 2008


Drive past what was once the Little Cub store at 1632 Broad St., and you&8217;ll see people working in the charred remains or customers peeking around the corner to see what happened.

A popular stop along Broad, the 4,000-square-foot store also housed a coin-operated laundry. It went up in flames Tuesday evening. The fire report listed the cause as a clothes dryer.

Email newsletter signup

Attorney Jimmy Nunn, who owns the building, says the business is listed as a total loss. He spent most of the day taking inventory as required by the insurance company.

The building was insured. An engineer and fire inspector from Frazer Group, the insurance company, have begun their investigation of the scene.

Three Selma fire engines, a rescue truck and a support unit responded to the emergency call at 6:52 p.m., Tuesday. Firefighters stayed on the scene for three hours.

Employees and customers were in the store at the time of the fire, but nobody was injured, according to the fire report.

Nunn is uncertain if he will rebuild. &8220;I would like to,&8221; he said.