Little Lambs has big impact

Published 9:01pm Tuesday, September 11, 2012

With the approach of the changing leaves of fall comes the beginning of the holiday season, and what better way to kick off the season of giving than by shopping for a worthy cause.

The Little Lambs Consignment Sale, which began in 1998 and has raised more than $77,000 for charity, will begin Friday at the Old National Guard Armory, and is a win-win for all parties involved.

The sale works by having sellers pre-register and price their own items, which are then sold, returning 75 percent of the profit to the seller and the remaining 25 percent will be dontated to multiple charities a week after the sale.

The Little Lambs Consignment Sale is not only a great place to stock up on gently used fall and winter clothes for a steal of a deal, but also an opportunity to give back to the community in a number of ways.

When shoppers buy anything from toys to clothes, they will not only be expanding their toy chest and fall wardrobe, they will also be supporting local residents who are selling their clothes as well as local charities.

That’s what we call a good deal.

The sale will begin at 5:30 p.m. and go through 7:30 p.m. Another sale will  be held Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.

Leave a comment

You must be a registered user and signed in to comment on this article and view existing comments.

Editor's Picks