Selma resident dies in house fire
A Selma resident died in a house fire over the weekend.
According to Selma Police Chief Kenta Fulford and Dallas County District Attorney Michael Jackson, Juwan Stubbs died in the fire.
The incident occurred Saturday at the block of 1205 Broad Street, two blocks from Dollar General, according to Jackson. Jackson said a Molotov Cocktail was thrown at a house and it started a fire.
A Molotov Cocktail is a breakable glass bottle containing a flammable substance such as gasoline, alcohol, or a napalm-like mixture, with some motor oil.
“This arson/murder appears to be some more retaliation from some young people,” Jackson said. “They will be tracked down and prosecuted at Capital Murder adult defendants.”
This is the third murder committed over the last 10 days in Selma, the fourth overall of 2021.
A Shelby County Church helped Gospel Tabernacle Church and Son Light Center with a Food Giveaway on Saturday. First Baptist... read more