Sewell makes top 10 list before winning her race
Terri Sewell of Selma, the Democratic nominee for the 7th Congressional District seat, recently made the Next 10 Women to Watch in Politics in an online newspaper, PoliticsDaily.com
Murphy notes “But no matter what happens, Sewell has already built a record of success that would have most high achievers calling it a day.”
She talks about Sewell’s Harvard education; her as the first black valedictorian at her high school. Sewell went to Princeton and named one of Glamor Magazine’s College Women of the Year — Oxford University in England and then her work as a corporate lawyer in New York and Alabama.
Others on the list:
1. Kristi Noem, the Republican nominee for the U.S. House from South Dakota; a member of the South Dakota House of Representaives.
4. Alex Sink, is the top Democratic candidate for governor in Florida. She is originally from Mt. Airy, N.C. She is Florida’s elected state CFO and held that position since 206.
5. Debbie Wasserman Schultz is the incumbent from Florida’ 20th congressional district. She’s a Democrat and well respected in the House.
7. Susana Martinez is a Latina Republican running for governor of New Mexico.
8. Jaime Herrera is a state legislator in Washington running for Congress to replace retiring Congressman Brian Baird.
9. Reshma Saujani is a Democrat running for Congress on the East Side of New York.