Ashley JohnsonStaff Writer
METO, Kenya — A team of medical professionals, including nurses, doctors and dentists, along with a handful of other volunteers, returned to Montgomery Saturday evening ... Read more
NAIROBI, Kenya — A mission team with Selma-based Integrity Worldwide landed Friday night in Nairobi, Kenya and will headed to the remote village of Meto ... Read more
New to Selma I went to the library as a first assignment — at the newspaper that is where they send all of the new ... Read more
The first African American-owned grocery chain in the Southeast, which is rooted in Selma, celebrated its 25th anniversary this week. Calhoun Foods, established in 1984 ... Read more
- Strides being made to sustain the St. James Hotel
- Storms cause flash floods and damages
- Legrande St. to be renamed F.D. Reese St.
- Workshop will teach residents about new gun law
- Historic home set for demolition
- The mayflies are coming!
- Church St. home to be sold by city
- Could Public Works be outsourced, privatized?
- Brown Chapel AME to host festival Aug. 17
- Ellwood only school to offer state tax credits
- School hires 7 new teachers